Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind.
TERMS & CONDITIONS – THE GREAT TOY GIVEAWAY
By signing up to become a Great Toy Giveaway school, you agree to:
- Receive between 900 – 1,250 toys. Please note, we are not able to guarantee a specific number or type of toys. The toys are not returnable, exchangeable and are only to be used as specified in the campaign’s Terms & Conditions.
- Partner with at least one other school to distribute the toys (we will ask the partner school to complete the simple GTG post-project report.)
- If needed, liaise directly with the shipping company to accept toy delivery shipments to your school. The shipment sizes may vary and the toys may be delivered in boxes, crates, and/or pallets. The toys may be delivered in multiple shipments and will be delivered anytime between May 14, 2019 – September, 2019. We will aim to deliver the toys before the Summer Break start date as indicated on your sign up form.
- Securely store toys until distribution.
- Involve students in creating a distribution plan (1. Identify local kids in need; 2. Confirm the receiving location; 3. Set the date for the delivery event).
- Engage students in creating notes of friendship to accompany all toys (this may be a club, classroom, or school-wide activity).
- Deliver donated toys to children in need. Deliver 1 toy for 1 child in need. For example, if you have 900 toys, ideally these will be delivered to 900 children in need.
- Deliver the toys to one or multiple locations such as: children hospitals, homeless shelters, low-income schools, military bases, community centers, foster care organizations, and disaster relief centers.
- Deliver the toys to chosen location(s) with minimum of 2 students present for the delivery, but ideally include as many students as possible for the delivery.
- Document the entire experience with photos and/or video.
- Submit a GTG project report, including minimum of 2 photos (1. Friendship notes being created & 2. Toys being received ideally by the actual kids in need or, if that’s not possible, by the facility representatives). By submitting the photos/videos you confirm you have obtained all applicable releases, approvals, rights and licenses necessary to lawfully use the name, image, likeness, publicity rights of all attendees, volunteers or persons involved in the Great Toy Giveaway campaign for use in marketing or media materials by Kids for Peace and The Toy Foundation. For your ease, please feel free to use this Photo & Video Release Form for the receiving facility.